February 13, 2011

Into Everything!



I would be lying if I said adjusting to motherhood has been easy. Cole spent the majority of his waking hours crying during the first three months of his life. I did a good bit of crying myself. I remember feeling so helpless at times. I thought I was doing something wrong because I couldn't soothe my baby. So many people told me he was "colicky" and to just hang in there. Still, it was hard to accept that he wasn't a happy baby.

Now that he's mobile, he's a different little man. My Mr. Independent loves cruising around the house and picking up anything and everything his little heart desires. As long as he's on the floor, he's all smiles. It's amazing to me that he learned to sit up, crawl (in his creeping, armyman fashion), and pull up in such a short amount of time. Wasn't he just beginning to roll over?

He has also discovered a plethora of finger foods now that he has mastered the pincer grasp. He enjoys snacking on cheerios, bananas, crackers (thanks to Papa), and rice cakes. Going out to eat is so much more enjoyable now too. He is usually pretty content sitting in a high chair munching on bits of everyone else's dinner.

Six months has been a fun age for both of us, even if he is into everything!

No comments: